Well, I got another call last night that there was a female min pin in the Maplewood impound shelter that needed to come in. Bob and I went up and picked her up and found out that not only did she need all her shots, but she wasn't spayed and had just gone into heat. She was a stray that had been picked up 6 days prior and no one claimed her....Poor little girl! She is scared to death and very skittish. She had no name and on the drive home Bob saw a billboard with the name Martina on it. We discussed Marty, Martina or Tina and finally came up with her new name TINA!
Today, she went to the vet and got all her shots, microchip, etc. and has a clean bill of health. One of our new fosters called and would like to foster her, but will not be back in town until Saturday or Sunday. So she will be heading to a new foster home, until she gets adopted.
But not to worry!!!! Heather called again tonight and guess what. A puppy mill in Iowa was raided with 120 min pins...........I did tell Heather I do have limits and probably could not even come close to taking that many dogs....LOL Another rescue group did step up and take a bunch, but there are still many more that need fosters. We are waiting to hear and may be taking a road trip this weekend to pick up as many as we can rescue and foster. I will keep you posted on the progress.
If anyone of my WONDERFUL family or friends is looking to become fosters, we can always use more homes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh I can see it now you will have puppies EVERYWHERE. I wonder if 6 really is you limit? I can't wait to hear how many you have on Monday.
Post a Comment