Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas! I got up early and started Christmas Dinner. Bob got up around 10 and started helping. Everyone was due to arrive around noon for dinner.

I had asked Jessica to come a little early to help set the table. Her and Chopper had stayed in Wisconsin with his family for Christmas eve to celebrate. When they got here everyone chipped in and helped. Jessica and Chopper set the table and fixed the drinks. Bob went to pick up his mother and Rick mashed the potatos (Yes! we had homemade mashed pototoes) Rick thought I didn't know how to make homemade mashed potatoes, but he forgot that boxed potatoes are fairly newer (since were old) and this was the only way to make them......before the boxed stuff. We ate at exactly noon - we couldn't have planned it better.

Bob's mom made a homemade pecan pie (with fresh pecans direct from Georgia). Boy! Was it good. Jessica was supposed to bring the pumpkin pie, but was apparantly sleeping when Bob called her as she did not remember the conversation.

We had a wonderful dinner with all the favorites....then opened presents. Everyone seemed happy with their gifts.

Bob, Jessica and Chopper had to work this evening and take naps so we were done by 3 pm. And of course I forgot to take pictures..... So sorry nothing to see! I have to get better with the picture stuff.

No comments: