Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas is coming....

We had major snow yesterday and Jessica did not want to drive from work to LeSueuer. She came over to sleep and hang out until she had to go back to work at midnight. We went shopping at Kohl's and Cub foods. Boy! It was bitter cold with the wind blowing.

Bob and I went up to Hinkley in the morning to deliver Ruby to her new home. We knew the snow storm was coming and got an early start. Even though it was snowing, we made it there in 2 hours (normally it should take 1 hr. 40 minutes). We left there at noon and started back. We stopped at a thrift store in Pine City and had lunch at the KFC buffet. It wasn't too bad until we got to north Minneapolis and started to see cars in ditches and the white out conditions with snow & ice. We made it home about 3 and Bob had signed up to work overtime (he had to be at work at 10pm). He went to sleep and Jess and I went shopping.

I bought her some gloves and ear muffs for Christmas. I am really a stickler for not letting the kids open there presents before Christmas even when they know what it is. But last night when she left for work I told her to put on the gloves and ear muffs (as she did not bring any with). I think she was shocked!!!!

I just got an email from Ruby's new owner and she already is in love! She slept with them and gave them hugs and kisses this morning. I only have Roo left to find a home. He will have to go to a family with no kids (he was given up because he was nipping at the kids). Joey is doing great and is back to be a cranky old man, but he is also starting to play with the other dogs. A sign that he is not in as much pain and discomfort as he previously had.

Today, I am going to start putting everything together for Christmas dinner. Check my list to make sure I have all the gifts and food, otherwise I will have to go out again.....It looks nice out, but I am sure it is way to cold to venture out in.

No comments: